Monday, April 5, 2010

I got this in an email that has surely gone viral by now, but it's been on my mind a lot lately.

The Two Wolves and A Wise Old Indian

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, 'My son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all..


One is Evil.
It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego..

The other is Good.
It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.

The grandson thought about it for a minute.... And then asked his grandfather: 'Which wolf wins?'

The old Cherokee simply replied, 'The one you feed.'

So I'm thinking that I have a WHOLE PACK of evil wolves that I've been feeding. Oh, sure, I have a decent amount of Good wolves that I feed too. But on a moment by moment basis, I give out a lot of food to the Evil ones.

Well, even the longest journey has to start somewhere . . . .


Time to start paying MUCH more attention to the Good Pack.

No comments: