Tuesday, July 14, 2009

. . . only a breath away

Mostly things are still pretty miserable with us financially right now. Yes, things could always be much much worse, and we're trying to be grateful that they aren't. However, this has been going on so long and everything still feels so hopeless that we're having to work really hard to choose faith right now.

Shortly after Rob was laid off, my dear friend Keelee sent me this quote:
"...I had lived long enough to know that nothing lasts forever, and men torture themselves who believe that it will. The only thing that does not change is that everything changes, and the hardship I was bearing today was only a breath away from the pleasures I would have tomorrow, and those pleasures would be all the richer because of the memories of this I was enduring." Louis L'Amour Galloway

Thanks, Susan B, for giving me a chance to review it. :] I feel better already.

No comments: